Building Operator Certification (BOC) is energy efficiency training for operators of commercial buildings, offering improved job skills and more comfortable, efficient facilities. Instructors teach full day classes in their areas of expertise, using the BOC materials and curriculum provided to cover a wide range of topics.
Why become a BOC instructor?
- Gain valuable teaching experience, while sharing your knowledge of the industry
- Opportunity to keep your finger on the pulse of the market
- Compensation at competitive rates and approved travel expenses are reimbursed
- Professional development opportunities
- Networking opportunities with other professionals
- Three or more years of experience providing instruction to working professionals in the field of commercial building energy management, facility management, building engineering, operations and maintenance, or a closely related field.
- Two or more years employment in the field or industry related to the training topic(s) for which the applicant is seeking qualification (e.g., HVAC systems, electrical systems, indoor air quality, etc.).
- A bachelor's degree (Note: Work experience may be substituted for degree. One year of work experience in instruction or industry is equivalent to one year of college degree work).
- Two or more references we may contact who have observed instruction experience.
- Familiarity with state and local codes and standards.
- Willingness to travel to locations where BOC training is held.
Download the application here and submit your completed application with attachments to email@example.com. Applicants may select which courses they are interested in teaching when applying. Applicants will receive written notice within 45 days of receipt of the application to confirm their BOC qualifying status.